Test Seals Influence Decision Making Processes
Tests based on scientific, objective procedures are best to compare products, services and companies. But these tests are also the most challenging and expensive method for this comparison.
In order to design tests, one needs comprehensive know-how about the specifics of the products or services examined and the benefits for the consumer.
Tests go beyond the opinion of customers. They compare products, services, companies based on identical settings, erasing any kind of distortion.
“Tests are the most trustworthy form of testimonials.”Felix Küsell, CEO CGG
Using scientific test methodology has a long tradition in some countries. As tests intervene in the competitive setting of a market, strong legal regulations and case law have been developed over time. These standards set the framework within which these tests have to be carried out.
In Germany, for example, the principles of neutrality, objectiveness and competency apply. These legal standards form the minimum requirements all CGG follow. However, we exceed these standards to achieve the fairest results possible – for the customers using our test mark in their decision making and for the manufacturers or service providers of the products and services examined.
Standardized Testing Procedure
Our tests all follow a common procedure for testing, reporting and labelling:
- Choosing the sample, which products, services or companies should be included into the test. Normally, manufacturers and service providers do not know that there is a test carried out concerning their offerings
- Design of the testing methodology. A good overview of our methodologies used you can find here
- Determination of the basic test categories, all test criterias and the weight of each category and criteria. All test models are scoring models, weighing categories and criteria based on the customer benefit expected.
- Training of testers, auditors, lab service providers who perform the test. If needed for the respective test, set-up of the test apparatus
- Execution of the tests, documentation and quality management
- Evaluation of tests, generation of test results and drafting of test reports
- Announcement of the test results to the manufacturers, service providers, etc.
Seals Are the Testimonal
Tests of all CGG country institute deliver highly relevant insights for the respective market segment. If successful, manufacturers and service providers use our test marks to promote their products and services. Consumers use the marks in their decision making process.
Consumers do not decide on the basis of uniform criteria. In our tests we account for this fact by examining the most relevant common criteria of different user groups. Standard categories are quality, price, convenience, transparency, choice etc.
If these categories are relevant, they are included in the test. If a product or service is very good within one category, manufacturers or service providers can also highlight their results in the respective test category. With this more detailed approach they can address certain targeted consumers segments.